Sunday, October 2

Scenic wall art for Sas

More Saskia stuff. I saw a similar idea on Debbie Travis' Facelift so decided to make this for Saskia's birthday. She: 1) loves nature and sunsets, 2) was jotting down quotes she found in a magazine on our plane trip to Vermont, and 3) is always commenting (i.e. complaining) that her walls are so bare. So I thought this would be a fun gift for her.

I didn't actually make it today, but I did finally "make" a picture of it! : ) Had to do it while they were all up on the wall again -- we're having issues getting them to stick! For the record, a while after adding adhesive pads to the corners instead of the centers of each square, we heard the first one fall off again. -sigh-

Oh, I guess I should mention, the squares are CD covers - the thick ones. I pulled the black CD holder part out, put the picture in the back of the cover, then snapped the CD holder thing back in place. Maybe I should've tried the slim cases.

The quotes (and ideas for layouts) I found at allposters.com under Inspirational Magnets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails