Tuesday, February 10

My New Daughter-Designed Blog Background

Middle Daughter was home from school with me yesterday, both of us trying to recuperate from colds. After posting about Kenny’s cake, I HAD to also get rid of the pink blog background. Apparently, two years ago I liked it. But no more. Yech!

So I went back to bgpatterns.com, my go-to website for years to make my own background images, and boy was I in for a surprise. The creator has totally revamped it. Right around this time, Sophie joined me to eat her lunch. And watched me. And then saved me.

blog backgrounds

On the left is the original background. In the middle was what I was contemplating putting up. (I blame my momentary lapse of judgment on too much medicine cake.) On the right is what my soon-to-be 10-year-old daughter came up with.

I did have to help her make a custom image for the K since the website doesn’t include any letters, but the rest was all her. A little kooky, but for now, I love it!

Oh, and my only beef with the new bgpatterns site is that I couldn’t find a way to make the overall final image smaller. So we had to do that with another app.

But other than that, it was a lot of fun. Need a seamless background image, with your own custom colors and shapes? Try it out: bgpatterns.com

2 comments:

  1. HURRAH! for the Little Owl! "Ya done yerself proud!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And she made a super-cute little fleece bathrobe for Lamby too.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails