Thursday, October 27

A Messy-Studio Epiphany

Here I’ve been thinking that I haven’t been making anything (‘cept for the skirt) because the studio is still so un-unpacked and disorganized. (Well, that and just a general lack of extra time as I still work on settling into my new groove here.)

IMG_8882

But I got it backwards! Now, I’m thinking the studio is still so un-unpacked and disorganized because I haven’t been making anything!

What caused that shift in perspective? A birthday party invitation for my girls and the resulting gift idea for the little lover of rainbows.

IMG_8912

I’m making something again (with help from the girls).

IMG_8881

And it’s fun – the soul-energizing kind!

And, as I need stuff –

  • certain fabrics that I KNOW are SOMEWHERE
  • various colors of threads (where IS that box full?)
  • fray-check (that box of notions was JUST here!)
  • fusible Web (could I have put it where it belongs? Oh joy, I did!)
  • Jewel-It glue (leftover from making birthday crowns last year – sweet, it’s in the box with the paints that I’ll need too!)

– I unpack another box. Unearth another container. Uncover more fabric. And unleash more joy!

IMG_8909

There may be hope for our studio yet!

Here’s to hoping the gift gets done in time too. The party is Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails