And every time we played it, I thought how fun it would be to make all the little parts. So for Christmas, my niece got a home-made version of
- weaving little baskets out of felt
- fashioning little fruits out of Sculpey clay, wooden beads (hidden inside the clay), black leather, and clove pieces
- sewing a mini-quilt-type-thing to be the game board. (I pretty much copied the size and layout of the original game, but I have to say it, I love my colors so much better than theirs!)
- formatting a cute little instructions sheet
- cutting a 9-piece raven puzzle out of cardboard, then decorating it with black fabric and yellow puffy paint (Heidi drew the raven for me!)
- decoupaging a dice so it has the appropriate symbols as well as a box to contain everything
And (other than needing more clay), with the leftover supplies, I have enough to make one for us too. Woo hoo! Maybe I can offload the original on ebay then...