There were a lot of questions when I brought this cake to the party. Here are the top ten answers:
2. Yeah, but I’m sure I’m not the first. I just knew that a whoopee cushion would make her laugh. And then I figured that dry fondant could look a lot like the stuff whoopee cushions are made of. And then I figured I’d put it on top of a cake so there’d be something to actually eat. And then I figured I could make the cake look like a chair. And so on…
3. Rice Krispie Treats, covered with gumpaste (it’s like fondant but keeps its shape better because it dries quicker).
4. Squished it into the bottoms of two bowls.
5. A wad of saran wrap, til it was dry and hard.
6. Cake, four layers (my first time “torting” a cake).
7. Cardboard. And two skewers.
8. One row at a time. It’s really not hard if you know the trick. And have the right pastry bag tip.
9. Royal icing (my first time doing “floodwork”).
10. I have no idea. More than four hours, but less than twenty. : )
Did I miss any?