Pocket now stays closed with the addition of a snap on the inside.
Pounded the first part of the snap into place, no problem, over on the hard wooden ledge that runs the length of my wall. But, in another late night lapse of judgment, I decided to pound the second piece of the snap into place right there at my sewing desk…
…my new sewing desk from IKEA, which is inexpensive compared to other desks because it’s essentially hollow. Oops.
So now that I’ve got my pocket opening dilemma figured out, it’s time to start brainstorming how to cover up the rough hole in my desk that I’m afraid is going to start flaking off bits of bits of laminate as I try to get work done.
In happier news, I got the girls’ hats done*. It might be the first official day of Spring today, but we still have plenty of cold days ahead of us before Spring is really here! (*not really “done” since I intended to add Hello Kitty appliqués, but at least they’re “done enough” to be wearable)
And in even happier news, after trying on their hats, they
- kept them on (I wasn’t sure Lucy would),
- sat peacefully together on the couch, reading (or “reading” in Lucy and Sophie’s case) and pointing things out to each other and just plain being loving to one another for way longer than usual.
P.S. Earlier this week, basked in the sunshine on the deck with some friends and had ample time to test out various grey border techniques. In the end, decided to go for one that made the edges flare out ever so slightly. (Original pattern for hat found here on Ravelry.)